Thursday, April 29, 2010

RANDOM.....a day for all mothers

Now…
Out of sheer randomness, Antu would like to talk about


MAMA

Mama is a woman who has, conceived, given birth to, and raised a child Because of the complexity and differences of a mothers' social, cultural, and religious definitions and roles, it is challenging to define a mother to suit a universally accepted definition.


As mother’s day would be arriving soon, most of us will think of what present to buy, going back to hometown to visit mom, arranging family dinner or outing and so on.
Me….being my mom’s ‘least favorite’ daughter, will make time to go back, sleep on the couch, and just say ‘happy mother’s day’ to my granma. Yes…to my granma.

But then again…I still buy my mom something she likes.

You see, me and my mom, we don’t go to the same page.

She thinks being a witch is cool, I think having ‘gift’ is like a curse
She thinks the guy’s cute, I think the guy’s just like to put make-up on
She thinks money is everything; I think we still need money, and a lil bit of honey
In other words she never views things my way, and neither do I.

Why?

Let’s just say, a series of life drama episode makes us what we are today

Now…below, is the list of HATE facts that I just couldn’t tell my mom straight (so I write it in this blog):

1. I hate the way you treated papa; he was a nice guy, but you didn’t see it when he was alive, and when u did, it was just too late. I guess it’s true what they say ‘manusia akan menghargai selepas kehilanganya’
2. I hate it when you view things only for a short period of time, and never the long run; the effects and responsibility.
3. I hate when you judge people by its appearance.
4. I hate it when you don’t ask for opinions and make decisions on their behalf; never ask permission.
5. I hate when you dunt have anybody to bug, you find things and everything to bug, still.
6. I hate it when you can’t find solutions, u start screaming at others (because of your temper)
7. I hate it when you spend money a lot, and when things need the most, you regret spending it all.
8. I hate it when you like to be busy-body and go through my stuff. Those things are place neatly inside boxes, you dun have to take them out and do nothing afterwards; there’s a reason why it was in the box in the 1st place.
9. I hate it when you are too obsessed with ‘gifts’ that you should not tamper in the 1st place.
10. I hate the way you still view me as a ‘stupid, useless’ person (until now) although I have prove myself worthy in so many,many ways.

And now…below, is the list of facts that I wish to express to my mom, but because of my big EGO,I cant (so I just write it in this blog):

1. I notice you would sneak in, to check up on ur son and daughters. And watched us sleep,or just ‘usap’ our forehead, or ‘selimutkan’ us, until now.
2. I notice if we say we’re coming back, u would ‘bentang tempat tidur’ or ‘buat makan malam’.
3. I notice you sometimes want to talk to me, or join ur children’s conversation, but its kinda hard cos you can’t fit in at some point.
4. I notice if I ask or want something (although I dunt), you try to fulfill my needs (example:kelisa)
5. I notice you try very hard on trying to talk and express your sadness to me, on the phone, but all you get is ‘ maa…I’m busy right now…nanti syasya call balik’
6. I notice it saddens you a lot (but you express it by showing anger) when your kids just think that your opinions are irrelevant and ridiculous.
7. I notice you try to ask your children to come back, but it seems that ur children only want to come back when there’s something (sorry,really…sorry)
8. I notice you try to know the latest trends and news so we have a topic to talk about.
9. I notice you’re actually a fragile person (although you try to act all ‘aku org besi’ thing)
10. I notice you hate me cause I was close to papa and know so many things about him during his last day, and that saddens u because u wish you were together with us during that period.

And I notice that no matter how horrible our relationship can be, at the end of the day, we puke it out and make the best out of it.



Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too

(john mayer -daughters)




What do you think? Write your views and comments about the column. I would like to hear your opinions. Anything & everyone is welcome.

No comments: